My Montrose Home May Have Water Damage, How Can I Find Out for Sure?
Not All Water Damage is Readily Apparent, So You Should Have Your Home Inspected by a Reputable Cleaning and Restoration Company in Montrose.
Most people envision water damage in its more overt forms, like when a pipe ruptures and suddenly floods their Montrose bathroom, kitchen, or basement. The reality is that such catastrophic harm often results from relatively minor leaks in roofs, pipes, or hidden parts of appliances. It happens over long periods of time, instead of suddenly, usually taking months or even years to become apparent. By the time the damage is noticeable, it could cost you tens of thousands or more to repair. The related expenses are measured not only in dollars, but also in time and trouble. Considering all this, you benefit greatly from discovering potential sources of such property injuries as soon as possible. Companies in Montrose, like SERVPRO, can help you locate such issues long before they become obvious and costly.
Why is SERVPRO a Good Service to Call in Montrose?
SERVPRO is one of the better services that remediate water damage in Montrose. It is a company that has, over the years, built a strong reputation in the cleaning and remediation industry. Company technicians possess all the expertise and equipment necessary to effectively resolve most issues associated with water damage. Some of our business’ attributes are:
- We have built a reputation for successfully identifying and remediating damage in nearly every type of structure, including everyday residences, multi-million dollar estates, and various types of business facilities.
- The company’s service has received high ratings on Yelp (5-stars), Google (4.9-stars), and Facebook (4.7-stars).
- Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) - certified firm.
- Many technicians are certified in multiple areas, like water damage restoration, applied structural drying, and odor control, and so are better able to identify and resolve interrelated problems.
- We have a high-tech cleaning facility, where your furnishings/personal property are restored and kept while work is completed on your residence.
- Technicians use state-of-the-art equipment, like infrared cameras, moisture sensors/meters, and thermo hygrometers, to inspect your home and find water damage.
- Its advanced cleaning and remediation equipment includes truck-mounted and portable extractors, submersible pumps, desiccant and refrigerant dehumidifiers, air movers, injectidry systems, and thermal and ultra-low volume foggers.
- Using all the advanced technological resources at their disposal, our trained experts can quickly evaluate your property for problems and successfully resolve them.
What are Common Signs of Slow-Progressing Water-Related Damage?
It’s challenging to discover slow-progressing water problems on your own because, often, they are not clearly visible and do not demand immediate action. Over time, though, these issues can cause just as much trouble as their sudden, more-apparent counterparts. With all that said, some of the more common signs of slow-progressing water damage are:
- Musty smells
- Ceiling or wall discoloration
- Water stains on ceiling and walls
- Discoloration or rot in attic rafters
- Attic insulation that is moldy
- Wall or baseboard mold
- Paint or wallpaper bubbling
- Drywall or plaster that is deteriorating
- Buckling of ceilings and floors
- Warping of walls
If you notice even one of these telltale signs, you likely have a water leak somewhere and should seek immediate assistance from a good mitigation and remediation company in Montrose.
How Can SERVPRO Find Inconspicuous Water Damage in My Montrose Home?
While it is sometimes possible to detect slow-progressing water damage yourself, the problem has usually progressed to an advanced state by that point. Conversely, our company technicians, using high-tech moisture detection equipment, are able to find water issues almost as soon as they start. Therefore, you should periodically have your home inspected to catch problems before they grow into more substantial, structure-compromising concerns. During their inspections, our workers generally:
- Attempt to detect moisture in walls, baseboards, and carpets with moisture sensors.
- Measure levels of detected moisture with meters.
- Use infrared cameras to see through walls, baseboards, etc. in order to identify water sources.
- Employ thermo hygrometers to gauge air moisture levels in your home.
- Determine if the water involved in your leak is contaminated and its level of contamination.
- Ascertain how extensive your water damage is and if they are any safety issues related to the presence of asbestos or lead.
- After they thoroughly inspect your house, our experts in Montrose write down their findings and plan how to resolve your home’s issues.
As you can tell by now, routine professional home inspections can detect water leaks early and save you a great deal of time, money, and stress. Modern technologies enable workers to detect problems well before they cause substantial damage requiring costly repairs. Regardless of whether the leak is resulting from a roof leak, dripping pipe, or malfunctioning appliance, SERVPRO technicians can find and fix it.
So, if you need periodic home inspections or suspect that you may have an undiscovered water leak, call SERVPRO of Montrose / Telluride for help at (970) 240-6970.