Why Do I Need A Professional Water Restoration Company After My Downstairs In My Delta Home Flooded?
For Any Major Water Intrusion in Your Delta Home, It's Best to Let the Professionals Handle the Cleanup
There are a large number of things that can cause residential flooding. When it does happen, it can mean ruined items, structural damage, and extensive repairs. Contacting a water damage restoration company in Delta should be first on your list if flooding does occur. You can save both money and time when you work with the pros.
Why Can't I Cleanup Myself?
It may seem smart money-wise to take care of water cleanup in your Delta home on your own. After all, the internet has plenty of DIY tips that make it sound easy. But the reality is, after any significant water damaging event, it is better to put the situation in the hands of experts who understand what needs to be done. Here are some reasons it is best to deal with a professional restoration business:
- Insurance Claims – Your insurance will most likely require you to work with someone who can adequately assess the damage. They want certified pros to back up any claims that are made.
- Industrial Equipment – The hazards and cleanup requirements that come with household flooding require equipment beyond the typical homeowner's scope. If you do not have the needed equipment, you can do more harm than good.
- Safety Reasons – Trained technicians know what to look for when it comes to safety. Water cleanup may require dealing with black water if sewage or other contaminants are involved.
- Efficiency – The longer the cleanup takes, the great the chance of secondary damage such as mold and mildew. Immediate water mitigation means more of your content, and home can be restored. Cleanup and restoration can take longer than you think when you attempt it on your own. Professional help saves you and your insurance company money in the long run.
Do I Need an IICRC Certified Company?
SERVPRO has the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) certified technicians. You never want to work with a company that is not IICRC certified. IICRC sets the standards that restoration and cleaning companies need to meet. These technicians understand what needs to be done in an emergency, such as a pipe bursting and flooding your downstairs.
IICRC techs have the skills and knowledge of the proper drying equipment to use and how to deploy it efficiently. Our company has the experience and resources for any size disaster. You do not have to worry about your home or belongings. We handle the water damage in whatever way is best for your situation with minimal disruption to your life. Our goal is to have you back in your home as quickly as possible. If you are able to stay in your home, we strive to restore the damaged part to normal use quickly.
What Happens After I Make the Call?
When you call SERVPRO for help with water cleanup, our team will be there as fast as we can. We understand how disruptive something as simple as a burst pipe can be to your family. If your downstairs is flooded, that could include the kitchen, living room, bathroom, and bedrooms. That means carpeting, appliances, and household goods are all affected by the water intrusion. If it happens during the day where it can get caught earlier, the damage is minimal. But if the spillage occurs while you are away or sleeping, it can be extensive. When our crews arrive they will:
- Do a scope of the home.
- Find the source of the water if needed.
- Extract the water.
- Dry out the home and content.
- Deodorize if needed.
- Sanitize all surfaces with EPA approved cleaning products
- Clean and restore the content of the residence.
These are the basic steps that get done. Much more detail goes into leaving your home, “Like it never even happened.” The crew uses powerful pumps to extract the water. They check for hidden water with moisture detectors and sensors. Industrial grade air movers and dehumidifiers get things dried out quickly. If your belongings cannot be cleaned on-site, we will move them off-site to our warehouse for cleaning.
What if the My Home Floods in the Middle of the Night?
SERVPRO is available every day, around the clock. We understand that catastrophes do not keep business hours. Things happen at night, on weekends, and holidays. Our Green Team provides emergency water cleanup service no matter when something happens. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
If your downstairs has experienced flooding call the experts that are experienced, IICRC certified professionals. Do not employ a company that does not have the proper credentials. Contact SERVPRO of Montrose / Telluride at (970) 240-6970 for expert water cleanup and restoration service.